> --- Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > And who's to say Charlie knew what he was talking
> > about? Nice guy and all
> > that, but anyone can regurgitate what they've read
> > in esoteric books.
>
> Yes, many of us took Charlie as a fount of absolute
> knowledge. Not quite so.

It's worth pointing out that many of us, not
coincidentally those of us who had actually
read the same books he was regurgitating,
didn't really revere him as particularly
wise or knowledgeable. But he had his uses.
When I lived in L.A., I went to Charley's
Friday night meetings often, because that
was the best place to pick up TM movement
women. :-)