--- Vaj wrote:

> Gillam wrote:
>
> > --- Vaj wrote:
> >>
> >> In this case the "poison" is more metaphorical than actual.
> >>
> > Ah. There's physical reality, and there are the beliefs about it.
> > Like that?
>
> I'm sorry, I'm not sure I follow you. Are you asking if the metaphor
> extends to the physical? If so, yes it would.

I may be lost, too. I was thinking your reference to poison,
being metaphorical, means the poison exists in our beliefs
about this event or that, and is not inherent to the thing
itself. A variation on your emphasis of proper view, if you will.

> Do you have a predominance of bitter-sweetness in your life you're
> grappling with?

Isn't that pretty much a description of life as a whole?
Everywhere I look, in my life or that of my friends, people
are suffering and happy in turns, or simultaneously. So many
have great richness in some area and great lack in another.

The arts are an especially rich source of sweet suffering. Or
maybe I'm listening to too much opera, and seeing too
many heavy movies. But artists seem to revel in mixing beauty
and pain. I figured that was not just an artist's trick, but
a reflection of life.