> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "matrixmonitor"
> <matrixmonitor@> wrote:
> >
> > > A disciple, who had been with this guru for over
> > > twenty years, caught him in the middle of a sex act
> > > with young boys. He had never previously known that
> > > his guru did this. Very shocked, he came back to
> > > see the guru telling him that he could not tolerate
> > > such actions, and that he was leaving the ashram
> > > immediately. The guru's response was, "You have
> > > created the problem. Now you have to solve it!"
> > >
> > > Ramesh expressed his agreement with this response
> > > and said, "Everything is only an event ruled by
> > > cosmic law and by divine will...It is the
> > > programming of the body-mind mechanism... and
> > > nothing can be done about it... the guru is not
> > > concerned!"
>
> The problem with mistaking the *perception* that
> "I am not the doer" for the reality. In a nutshell.
>
> As several brain researchers have postulated, the
> *perception* of not being the doer may be purely
> a physiological thing, related to a particular
> area of the brain becoming active. As I remember
> from the (I think) Time magazine article that
> discussed this research, they pointed out that
> this perception was *not* limited to those who
> follow a spiritual path. But those on a spiritual
> path tended to *interpret* the perception positively,
> as a sign of progress or enlightenment, when in fact
> it might be just a particular set of neurons swtich-
> ing from OFF to ON.
>
> Before you ask, I don't have the reference. It was
> a big article on God and brain functioning that
> I read while waiting in a dentist's office.

Of course, the experience of samadhi during TM and in those TMers
reporting 24/7 witnessing, may be due to a different physiological
state than the pathological state. In fact, the only physiological
studies I am aware of suggest this . Interestingly enough, some
physiological studies on Buddhist meditators suggest that at least
some Buddhist techniques ARE inducing something similar to the
pathological state, unlike TM...