--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ...and this is where the negligence occurred...and we all know why
> it occurred: the TMO and MUM did not want to inflate crime figures
> for a TMing environment that would disprove the Maharishi Effect.
>
> Is there anyone that doubts this?

Moi. I don't think this thought entered *anyone's*
head, either consciously or unconsciously.

The problem is far more fundamental. No one took
proper precautions to protect the students because
no one thought anything bad could happen to them.
They were all living in the "bad things can't happen
to us because we're in tune with the Laws of Nature"
fantasy.

It's not that they're trying to "fudge statistics."
It's that they can't believe that these things are
really *happening*. They CAN'T be...this is Fairfield.
Or Vlodrop. Or wherever. The real world impinging on
their fantasy Just Doesn't Compute.

Personally, I think that learning that the world
doesn't quite work this way, to the tune of a 10-20
million-dollar loss in this lawsuit, would be good
for them. It might help them remember the notion
of personal responsibility, not to mention reality.

Just *think* how many similar tragedies within the
TM movement will get to come out in this lawsuit.
Ya got the suicides on TM courses, ya got the guy
burning himself to death after having been locked
away in a basement room. Ya got other suicides or
attempted suicides in Fairfield. Lotsa stuff over
the decades, all ignored because it didn't "fit"
in the fantasy.

The Florida case may be about trademark issues,
but this one is *about* lack of responsibility.
Therefore other examples of such a lack can and
will be introduced as evidence.