on 3/14/06 9:48 AM, TurquoiseB at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> 2) it would be very sad for Fairfield if MUM went away, don't you
>> agree?
>
> Not really.

Might be good for it. Something more "interesting" may take over the
university. Fairfield is well established as an eclectic spiritual community
independent of the university. If the U were to fold, it might liberate a
lot of people there who need a bit of a shakeup in their lives - who need to
step outside the box and reevaluate things. I'm not hoping for this to
happen. It would be fine with me if the university got thousands of
students, were crawling with pundits, etc. But it wouldn't be the end of
Fairfield if it did happen.