--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bbrigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> > If the particulars regarding Joel Wysong are accurate here, I'm
> sorry
> > but I'll retract my previous posts from yesterday saying he
> shouldn't
> > feel guilty or responsible over the death of Levi.
> >
> > If the particulars of the brief are true, he should feel VERY
> > responsible and VERY guilty.  He added horribly.
> >

> *************
>
> The responsibility was with the decision of MUM administrators not to
> involve police or security guards. A lot of people simply do not have
> the disposition to be security guards, and presumably Joel Wysong, who
> admitted being afraid of Sem when Sem was acting crazy in his house,
> was just not capable of handling the situation, so I can't fault him
> in the way that I fault MUM mgmt for their indifference to student
> welfare.  You can't expect some faculty member with no experience in
> dealing with the wild and crazy to be able to handle the situation --
> that's why the school had security guards, that's what Fairfield cops
> are for -- it was a decision by top administrators at MUM not to
> involve any security people that was the problem.

  Yes, or to take Sem to the emergency room of a hospital so he could get
proper care and
treatment. I can't imagine why they even thought it ok to put him on a plane
home the
next day!!! Can you imagine how angry his parents must feel?  Their son was so
obviously
sick, and no one took him to a hospital, or had the police evaluate him. SO he
was left to
act out his craziness and his life is ruined and some poor great kid is dead.
I suspect Joel
and his administrative peers thought they were being kind in not calling the
police,but that
is not kindness.  What I wonder is who told Joel to watch Sem, alone?   My
guess is that it
was time for everyone to meditate, so Joel was left alone and did not want to
ask for help.
And why in the world did Joel meditate when his job was to monitor an unstable
student?
There are times when you have to skip your TM, even if it is not convenient.
(I will never
forget one couple who locked thier new baby in a room for an hour and a half
each
mornbign and evening in the late 70's while they did their long "flying"
program together.
The child screamed and screamed and this went on for months, but they believed
TM
came first.)
> I don't see Joel Wysong listed as faculty any more:

  Joel is no longer on the faculty.  He left over a year ago to become either a
raja or one of
the recerts who runs an area on the east coast (maybe somewhere in New YOrk
state, even perhaps the Livingston manor area)