--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <sparaig@>

> > > It doesn't *matter* what David Lynch is donating money
> > > *for*. All that matters is what the TMO will do with
> > > the money. The TMO doesn't *care* about any of these
> > > new meditators; it cares only about real estate.
> >
> > It doesn't matter what the TMO does with the money: David
> > Lynch's foundation is paying for *initiations*.
>
> On the subtle level of feeling/intuition, doesn't it strike
> you as odd that someone would need a foundation and or
> loans to pay for initiation?

You're talking "feeling" and "intuition" to a TB?
Bite your tongue. They operate on a higher level:
blind faith. :-)

But it's rather a good point. If it were *not* for
David Lynch (the man lots of "feeling, intuitive"
people here like to look down upon because of the
content of his movies), would there be *any* people
learning TM in the United States?

No one will ever release actual statistics of how
many people are really learning TM these days,
because to do so would reveal the emptiness of the
TM PR blurbs, but I'd be willing to bet that all
but a handful are paid for by David Lynch. And *he*
is doing it because he realizes that the TM move-
ment can no longer be trusted to do it themselves.

Say what you will about his odd tastes, the man
puts *his* money where his beliefs are. He could
be taking his money and investing it in real
estate the way the TM movement does, but he's not.
He's actually doing something to help people. The
day the TM movement does the same, it'll regain
a tiny bit of its vanished credibility.