I strongly disagree with this. I can remember many many instances,
which I heard with my own two ears, of Maharishi disgustedly and quite
condescendingly, demeaned people for wanting to get jobs and try to
earn a living. I have heard first-hand accounts from people/friends,
who went directly to Maharish and asked to be *released* from service
from their jobs in the upper echelons of the TMO, including working in
his inmost circle, and I was told that he was very very demeaning to
them and made it clear that from his perspective he felt that if *they
wanted to waste their lives* they had the right to do so.......

I had a directly personal experience with Maharishi in which he
specifically told me, when I had indicated that I was going to pursue
some new direction with my life, where he asked me to go home and ask
for permission to work for the movement, *...just a little bit
longer..." HA! is all I can say about that result.

I can't think of one instance where, at least publicly, he gave
someone his *blessing* to go off and earn a living.

>From my perspective, now, nearly forty years later, I wish I had been
one of the intelligent ones who saw the writing on the wall and did
pursue a career and simply kept meditating.