I don't know where the anti-gay sentiment in the movement came from. I
never thought it came from MMY but I don't know. There were several
very obviously gay men on my ttc many many years ago, they would wear
tuxedos and one of the guys walked in a very very obvious way.
However, I don't know if, in Maharishi's world, he had enough
experience to know (this was 1971) about this gay thing.

I had some a friend who was about half way through his Masters degree
at MIU who got kicked off the program and off campus when someone made
it a point to let the administration know he was gay. This was in the
late 70s.