On Mar 28, 2006, at 2:07 PM, sparaig wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > On Mar 28, 2006, at 1:42 PM, shempmcgurk wrote:
> >
> > > I don't mean this as either a joke or a put-down, but I always
> > > thought that MMY may be someone with ADHD.  After all, he has a
> > > propensity for going from one exciting scheme to another and then
> > > forgetting the old scheme that he spent all his time and attention
> > > cultivating.  He has a very focused and intense attention span and
> > > yet once a project or idea loses his interest he quickly abandons
> it.
> >
> > I don't think that would be ADHD on that scale of time. Since he
> can
> > clearly talk focussed for hours upon hours on the minutiae of ONE
> > topic and all the ramifications, I'd say he's pretty darn
> focussed.
> > Close attention to details is one of the things that people with
> ADHD
> > cannot do reliably--and they can't organize complicated situations
> > easily. He seems the opposite of ADHD to me.
> >

> OCD and ADHD are not mutually exclusive. Its a question of how
> focused you can be about things that are only moderately (or less)
> important to you.

I certainly didn't suggest OCD though.

M. seems to be capable of focussing for long periods of time and then
once the plan is finished, he's unattached to the result--however
since others are implementing these rather grandiose plans, it's
always interesting. And sometimes what you can come up with in your
head, however beautifully thought out, might not have any reasonable
applicability in the real world.

Wasn't it you that said he was from a scribe caste? Is that an
authentic comment or just something you are assuming (since he was
SBS's personal assistant/scribe)? Danielou had some interesting
things to say about this particular varna IIRC.