> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anony_sleuth_ff <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >

> > > No, you made that up.  The 9/11 commission (sixth time
> > > now) said there were "innocuous explanations" for the
> > > anomalies.
> >
> > I am missing your point. True, I interpret "innocuous explanations"
> > as non-conclusive in finding any trading that could not be
> > explained as normal business.
>
> Uh-huh, *now* you interpret it that way.

I am sorry, that is how I have always interpreted it. If you find
instances where believe I said otehr wise, simple cite them .

> <snip>
> > >
> > > The investigations were based on the *fact* that
> > > there were statistically significant anomalies.  That's
> > > what they were investigating, you see, the statistically
> > > significant anomalies.  If there were no statistically
> > > significant anomalies, there'd have been nothing to
> > > investigate.
> >
> > You apparently have no idea what statistical significance refers to.
> > There are such huge semantic gaps here, further discussion I can
> > only assume will be unproductive.
>
> No, you're just unable to back down from your
> initial mistaken assumptions.  You assumed at
> first that the media had started  the story of
> the statistically significant anomalies,

When did I EVER assume that. I asked for cites of your presumption
that the trades were IN FACT outside normal patterns in a
statistically significant way (Sigma 4 or 5 event) and you cited
newspapers -- that did no such thing.

>then
> when you learned otherwise,
>you tried to punt
> and claim the investigations were to find out
> *whether* there were statistically significant
> anomalies, rather than to invest igate the
> anomalies themselves and try to find out who
> was responsible for them.

Based on the above, I rest my case: You apparently have no idea what