--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, steven klayman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>  Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 14:06:32 -0000
>    From: "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Digest Number 4658
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, steven klayman
> <thedoc108@>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > The fact is many people in the movement are
> receiving
> > deeksha because it gives direct experience of the
> > Divine, is not a path or a spiritual technique, has
> no
> > teachings, no scriptures to read nor is obedience or
> > loyalty to any gurus needed. It is just pure
> > experience.
>
> When and how does this experience occur, and what is
> it
> like?  (I know, "pure experience" isn't "like"
> anything,
> but...)  If it's life-changing, in what sense is it
> life-changing?
>

> Deeksha is a phenomenon, not a practice. It is the
> Divine Grace bestowed on the recipients crown chakra
> thru the hands via someone who has been initiated into
> the process of giving deeksha. it is a 21 day process.
> If it had been earned thru years of tapasya you might
> call it a siddhi but since it is a power given
> technically it is not, however anyone who goes thru
> the initiation can give it at will.
> I was turned on to it by the late Steven Shimer and
> his wife KAthy Unger. They told me the y had made more
> spiritual progress in the past 3 weeks than they had
> in the last 10 years.
> Now i understand what they were saying. (Taste the
> strawberry, dont talk about it). The Divine
> Intelligence is supremely intelligent so each person
> starts to wake up in their own way based on their own
> physiology, their own karmas etc. The Divine
> Intelligence starts repairing what you need repaired
> so it starts to quiet down the parietal lobes and open
> up the frontal lobes. It is a bloodless brain surgery.
> The chatter of the mind gets less, quietness settles
> in (meditation get  so much deeper) and life gets more
> blissful. That is my experience.
> Giving it is a trip. My own experience of the divine
> has deepened, and my  connection with the Divine has
> become very personal.
> Life has become very much fun again. It had become
> rather boring.
> Namaste
> steve

Sounds very nice .. but I detect a few caveats are in order.

One is that Divine Intelligence (DI) isn't looking to flow just
through people who have completed the official 21 day course, offered
by the latest hot hindu guru or his certified representative, whose
$3000 check has successfully cleared, and is in good psychological and
lifestyle standing within the guru's mov't.  DI flows much more freely
(heck even 14 day course graduates might have it).  Maybe there's some
juice flowing right now in this group, but if it forgets the all
pervasive nature of DI it has already sown the seeds of its corruption.

Also, these sorts of phenomenon always have a big psychological or
placebo effect, at least partially.  Spiritual people tend to be
amazingly naive about the science of this effect.  Still placebos are
real, they can have real added benefits - it's just that you need to
distinguish what is psychological and what is truly spiritual, what is
your own natural DI and what is coming from an "enlightened" guru --
or usually disappointments come up later.

PS -- Did you get bored under the more rigorous regime that Shri Maa
was recommending?  How do you compare the 2 approaches???

thanks