Hi Richard, Comment Below...

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Hughes"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> >Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: ' 40,000 Iranian Suicide bombers/
Sunday
> >Times'
> >Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:55:52 EDT
> >

> >In a message dated 4/16/06 11:54:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> >

> > >And when Iran can send out 40,000 suicide bombers ,  some
equipped with
> > >suit
> > >case size nukes, then   what?
> >
> >According to reuters there are "only" 200 suicide volunteers. The
40,000
> >refered to are new recruits to the revolutionary guard.
> >
> >And  there are no suitcase nukes.
> >
> >Yes Richard, and many are saying," why shouldn't Iran have  nukes".
One day
> >they just might and why couldn't they develop suit case size
nuclear bombs
> >and
> >hand them over to any number of these 200 or by then 40,000
recruits?We
> >stand by and do nothing other than protest to the UN or even
congratulate
> >them on
> >their advances in technology. Funny how the leaders of Iran  are
not held
> >responsible for their rhetoric or their actions while leaders
receiving
> >the
> >threats are held responsible for taking those threats  seriously.
>
> I don't think any country should have them but it's a bit late for
that. The
> nature of arms races is such that once Israel armed itself everyone
in the
> middle east will. We can only hope that when it finally gets it's
hands on
> something really dangerous, Iran will understand the concept of
"mutually
> assured destruction"

I doubt if Mutually Assured Destruction would stop Iran from using
nukes or any other weapons.  Mutually assured destruction is the aim
of suicide bombers, and I get the idea the same mentality pervades
some middle eastern cultures/goverments/nations.

In particular president Ahmadinejad, who (some fear) sees
international turmoil as heralding the return of the twelfth imam,
which he believes would bring about peace and justice by establishing
islam throughout the world.  The greater the turmoil or more
destructive the war, the more likely is the return of the imam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelfth_imam#Reappearance
http://www.newstatesman.com/200512050014
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/15/AR2005121501428.html

> not a great way to live but seeing as Israel has such
> obvious expansionist ambitions it's either that or another US invasion.

Israeli expansionist ambitions?  Can you elaborate?