--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "anonyff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> I doubt if Mutually Assured Destruction would stop Iran from using
> nukes or any other weapons.  Mutually assured destruction is the aim
> of suicide bombers, and I get the idea the same mentality pervades
> some middle eastern cultures/goverments/nations.

Where did you get that idea?  Suicide bombers aren't
after "mutually assured destruction"; they're making
a sacrifice for a larger cause.  Mutually assured
destruction on a macro scale would eliminate any larger
cause for both sides.

> In particular president Ahmadinejad, who (some fear) sees
> international turmoil as heralding the return of the twelfth imam,
> which he believes would bring about peace and justice by
establishing
> islam throughout the world.  The greater the turmoil or more
> destructive the war, the more likely is the return of the imam.

Turmoil and the nuclear destruction of an Islamic nation
would be two different things in this view, methinks.