> In a message dated 4/17/06 2:30:48 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> The best  guess is that now Iran has enriched uranium it will be
ten years
> before  they have the bomb. Suitcase nukes would require a far
higher level
> of  technology than that required for a ballistic missile sized
device.

> I don't know where you are getting this ten year schedule from
but there are
> far more estimates giving far fewer years. On the average I have
been
> hearing 2 to 3 years. And whether they can develop a suit case
size nuke or  not
> there are ways of smuggling a nuke into just about any country.

This is very similar to the 'story' we had going about the Soviet
Union, only to find out when they collapsed that they were far more
interested in protecting themselves than acting as the aggressors in
a conflict, a role the US has assumed far more often than any other
country since World War II.

Figure it out: India, Pakistan and Israel have nuclear weapons. The
US occupies Iraq. Gee, you think Iran is pretty well terrified, and
trying to do what they can to protect themselves?

Nah, a bunch of irrational 'terrorists', with no commonality in
thinking or in human nature with the US or other 'civilized'
countries.

Dixon, have you ever met anyone from Iran?

 The last  thing
> you want to do is wait till they have one or even worse more. Iran
has  already
> threatened use of unconventional warfare, terrorism, to get what
they  want.
> As far as I'm concerned, we don't have to use conventional warfare
either  to
> prevent them carrying out their  threats.

Yeah, nuke 'em, but pa-leeze, all you big talkers get out on the
front lines if you do...