> This was the question I was answering.
>
> If you're asking the weird 'prescription vs. description'
> question I have no idea what you're asking.

Wow.  Really?  You really have no idea?  And you think
it's a "weird" question?  How very odd.  It's quite the
salient point, because if you confuse DEscription for
PREscription, you're likely to defeat your own purposes,
because you're mistaking the effect for the cause.  Very,
very critical distinction when you're translating ancient
texts, especially Sanskrit.

Prescription = X is what you're supposed to do.
Description  = This is what happens when you do X.

In other words: In this style of Samatha, are you
instructed to trace the seed syllable back to its
source (i.e., the goal of this style of meditation)?

Or do you find yourself tracing the seed syllable
back to its source when you practice this style of
meditation (i.e., a potential outcome of this style
of meditation)?

My question was the same as Lawson's, just put in
different words.

And you still haven't answered either version.