<sparaig@>

> > > Then you are out of touch with the times.
> >
> > Um, no.  As I went on to say, "I was referring to the
> > mainstream media, TV and print (which is what people
> > usually mean by 'the media'").
>
> Not any more it's not.

Shemp, this is another of your silly (and uninformed)
arguments.  When people talk about "the media," they
usually *still* mean the mainstream media, TV and
print.  That the Internet has become a source of
information for many doesn't change what people mean
when they use the term.

> One of the main sources of information for not only the public but
> for journalists themselves is the drudgereport which is NOT on any
> of the "mainstream media" as you call it (except for Drudge's
> Sunday night radio show).

Irrelevant.  "The media" usually refers to the
mainstream media, as I said.  It does not usually
mean "where I personally get my information."

And I suspect you have a highly exaggerated notion of
what percentage of people use the Internet as a source
of information about politics.

> I would suspect if you took a poll at random of a 1,000 Americans a
> vast majority would include the internet within the definition
> of "the media".

It would depend on how you asked the question, of
course.

When right-wingers grouse about "the liberal media," do
you think they're including the Internet?  (Careful, now.)

<snip>
> > Not the least bit curious, in fact.  If I had meant
> > to include the Internet, I'd have said, "the media
> > and the Internet."  That's because "the media" usually
> > refers to TV and print,
>
> You're so wrong here.
>
> For the past 10 years, "the media" has of course included the
> internet.

No, Shemp, sorry, not in common usage, it hasn't.  It
still usually refers to the mainstream media, TV and print.

<snip>
> > > Judy, at least 25% of all my discussion with you are, according
> > > to you "non sequiturs".
> >
> > Which raises the question, why do you so often use
> > non sequiturs in your discussions?  (And not just
> > with me by any means.)
>
> non sequitur.

Not at all.  Look how you've managed to get this
discussion off track.  You use non sequiturs to
divert attention from your mistakes.

Basta.