--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Comments interleaved.
>
> --- authfriend wrote:
> >
> > --- jim_flanegin wrote:
> > >
> > > It is respectful, insightful, balanced and truthful. Secretary
of
> > > State Rice betrays her wish for 'wargasm' (vs. orgasm) at her
and
> > > our country's peril.
>
> You really think Ahmadinejad's letter has that much
> integrity? I'm curious how people will evaluate it. I'm
> often impressed with how posts to this group that
> strike me as reasonable can be revealed as crap. (I'll
> refrain from giving examples out of my deep sense
> of diplomacy.)

Yeah- I know nothing of this guy, except other peoples' impressions,
so I read the letter as if I found it on the sidewalk, and that is
the way it struck me, possible motives aside.

> If someone posted such a letter here, I reall think
> he'd be ignored as a whackjob. And this guy's a
> head of state!

> > > Check it out: http://tinyurl.com/zadb6
> >
> > Seems to me it's a very mixed bag.  [snip]
>
> The whole letter is questions. How tough is it to
> ask questions? How much intellectual acumen
> does it take to point out the contradictions and
> failures of any given policy? See, even I can do it.

I did notice that he wasn't doing a 'compare and contrast' thing
between his job and Bush's. However his overall tone was both
truthful and respectful in my opinion.

I wasn't commenting on anything more than that...and the obvious
contrast between the POV expressed through the President of Iran's
letter and the haughty, condescending, and threatening responses
we've seen from Rice, the senior US representative commenting on the
letter.

Personally, I would've found a way to use the letter as a bridge and
opening if I was in Bush's place, but this reprehensible gang of
four who have hijacked the country are all about ego, and we have
all seen what a crafty master the ego can be. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld
and Rice each have the wool tightly pulled over their eyes, by
choice. Four diamonds, sold for the price of spinach...