--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> "Yes Judy you are right about everything..."(backs slowly out of the
> room) "really, everything is just fine,  Thank you" ( I find the
door
> knob without taking my eyes off of her and slip out the door
backwards.)
>
> Click.
>
> Then the sound of rapid footsteps and a car door opens and closes.
> The car is heard laying rubber half way down the street.
>
> The end.

Easiest bet I've ever won.

>
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues"
> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I still would like to know what upset you about my post.
> >
> > I wasn't "upset" by it, Curtis.  Mildly disappointed,
> > but not surprised, that you hadn't changed, as I said
> > to start with.
> >
> > OK, Curtis, let's go over it again.  Let's see whether
> > you can actually address what I've already said.  I'm
> > betting you won't:
> >
> > > > > > My meta comment on my feelings about the value of our
previous
> > > > > > postings was meant as a positive .  Rick had it right.
> >
> > Note that what Rick said was that he thought you
> > had paid me a compliment.  You say he "had it right."
> >
> > > > > Sorry, but I don't buy it.  If you're interested in
> > > > > knowing why, I'll tell you, but I suspect you're not.
> > > >
> > > > I was surprised when you reacted so strongly to my message.
> > > > It was not meant to offend you, quite the opposite.
> > >
> > > Here's what you wrote:
> > >
> > > "Nice to hear from you Judy. I look back on the AMT days as an
> > > important experience for me.  There were times when I felt
> > > misunderstood and very frustrated, but that stressful dynamic
was
> > > the reason I kept at it so long.  It was incredibly useful for
me to
> > > articulate my thoughts about the movement in such detail, and
it
> > > never would have happened without me being so pissed off at
your
> > > messages."
> > >
> > > Please explain the basis on which you believe I
> > > should have taken this as a sincere compliment.
> >
> > You didn't respond.  If it's so obvious that it was
> > a compliment, as Rick said and you confirmed, why
> > couldn't you just explain what the compliment was?
> >
> > > Perhaps this version will make more sense:
> > >
> > > The reason I kept posting was because of you.  Posting was a
good
> > > thing for me.
> > >
> > > Got it?
> >
> > So where's the compliment?
> >
> > How is that some kind of attempt at reconciliation,
> > as Shemp claims?
> >
> > (You said this over and over again back on alt.m.t,
> > of course, so there's nothing new here.)
> >
> > Next, let's restore what I was responding to that
> > you go on to quote:
> >
> > > > > I thought you  could relate to what I was saying. It must
have
> > > > > been frustrating for you on AMT too, but I assumed you are
> > > > > happy you got your points across in the end.
> >
> > > "Does what you wrote that I quoted above describe
> > > my having gotten my points across?"
> > >
> > > No.  But if you had related to what I wrote in the way I
expected,
> > > you might have thought "Yes I got my points across also, even
though
> > > the discussions were difficult".  That was my expectation in
writing
> > > it.  That it would piss you off never crossed my mind.
> >
> > Why on *earth* should I have thought you were
> > suggesting I got my points across?
> >
> > For that matter, why on earth should I imagine on
> > the basis of our alt.m.t exchanges that I got my
> > points across?  The exact opposite was the case.
> >
> > > "My problem with you, Curtis, was (and is) your
> > > > gross intellectual (and even factual) dishonesty.
> > > >
> > > > With people like you, it's never entirely clear
> > > > whether they're *intending* to mislead and deceive,
> > > > or whether they've done such a snow job on
> > > > themselves that they genuinely believe their own
> > > > misrepresentations.  So I'll have to give you the
> > > > benefit of the doubt on that point."
> > >
> > > Excellent example of why it was so hard to continue posting on
AMT.
> >
> > Ah, so it wasn't hard because I was getting my
> > points across.  It was hard because my posts were
> > pissing you off.
> >
> > Of course, on alt.m.t, I didn't start calling you on
> > your dishonesty for quite a while, until it had
> > become blatantly obvious you had no intention of
> > being straightforward.  It didn't take as long here
> > because it was so clear the old pattern was repeating
> > itself.
> >
> > > Very condescending and unfriendly.  Starting  a sentence with
> > > "people like you" is demeaning and rude.  You have no reason to
> > > call me a liar and someone who has done a "snowjob" on
themselves,
> >
> > That would be "or," Curtis, not "and."
> >
> > > whatever that means, based on what I have posted here.
> >
> > Well, yes, I do, and this present exchange is a
> > perfect example.  It's also *exactly* the sort
> > of thing you pulled repeatedly in our discussions
> > on alt.m.t: sidestepping, shifting ground, never
> > addressing the point.
> >
> > > My problem with you, Curtis, was (and is) your
> > > > gross intellectual (and even factual) dishonesty.
> > >
> > > I invite you to show me where I have been intellectually or
> > > factually dishonest in my posts here.
> >
> > No clearcut factual dishonesty here, so far as I
> > know, but plenty of intellectual dishonesty, as I've
> > just demonstrated.  Plenty of factual dishonesty on
> > alt.m.t, though.
> >
> >  Or perhaps an area where I am  doing a
> > > "snowjob on myself".
> >
> > Read what I wrote again.  I said I couldn't tell
> > whether you were deliberately attempting to
> > mislead readers or whether you'd talked yourself
> > into believing what you were saying.
> >
> > But a real good bet is your remark above, "That it
> > would piss you off never crossed my mind."
> >
> > And one more time: What pisses me off is not insults
> > per se, it's *dishonesty*.
> >
>






To subscribe, send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Or go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FairfieldLife/
and click 'Join This Group!'




SPONSORED LINKS
Maharishi university of management Maharishi mahesh yogi Ramana maharshi


YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS




Reply via email to