> on 5/12/06 12:26 AM, authfriend at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Rick, I don't imagine you'll bother reading this,
> > because you prefer to rest comfortably in your
> > assumptions, but I want it on the record anyway.
>
> I did read it. I just woke up and am going to keep this brief. Maybe more
> later if need be. No one is saying you are totally in the wrong and Curtis
> or anyone else is totally in the right. No one is throwing absolutes at you,
> and if they did, they would probably soften their statements if they were
> pointed out. People, even Barry, have acknowledged your good qualities. But
> there seems to be unanimous consensus about your "bad" ones. Someone even
> went to the trouble of developing a web site:
> http://www.aaskolnick.com/junkyarddog/. I have my critics on this forum, and
> when any of them criticizes me I don't brush them off or go ballistic trying
> to defend myself. I feel somewhat chastised and I take a moment to reflect
> on whether their criticism may be true. For instance, I realize that I have
> been overly obsessed with the MMY/sex thing and I've done a fair amount of
> soul searching on why that bothers me so much. If virtually everyone who
> cared to comment were repeatedly pointing out to me that I had a tendency
> which seriously annoyed them, I think it would result in some reflection.
>
> Why are we on this forum? Why have we been meditating all these years? We
> realize that our original perspective may be flawed or occluded and we want
> to clarify it and see things as they really are. That's what enlightenment
> is, as I understand it. To expend large amounts of time and energy pointing
> out the flaws of others and demanding that THEY be honest is to misdirect
> our attention and retard our evolution. To quote Byron Katie, "turn it
> around." To quote Jesus, "You hypocrite! First remove the beam out of your
> own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your
> brother's eye." (Matthew 7:5)

Guffaw. Citing Andrew Skolnick's Judy Stein worship website as proof of HER problems
only shows your own biases. In fact, Curtis pushed her buttons here and she responded in
the way eeryone knows she does.

Now, would it be nice if Judy didn't respond in her usual way? Sure. However, you and
everyone else jumping on the "Judy's the one in the wrong here" bandwagon knows damn
well that this is how Judy responds to certain buttons being  pushed.

Criticizing her for responding as everyone knows she does is well, hypocrtical. If you don't
want her to respond to a certain button-push, don't push that certain button.

And don't praise the button-pusher for their restraint in only pushing the button gently!!!