--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <wayback71@>
wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ingegerd"
> > <marwincornyarmand@>

> > no
> > (both
> >
> > It can be difficult for men to understand how a woman feels when
an
> > unwanted person expresses sexual interest in her.  What can help
> > men "get it" is to think of how it would feel to all you
> > heterosexual guys to have another man come on to you, touch you,
etc
> > etc.  IN addition, there is the huge issue of abuse of power.
> > Imagine your male guru or mentor doing it, using you.
> >
> > feste37 wrote:
> > > How do you know what happened? Were you there? You talk
> > about "abuse"
> > > and "victims" but you can't possibly know what actually went
on,
> > if anything.
> > > Why are you so ready to assign blame for incidents you know so
> > little about?
> > >
> > I think that based on reading the Files here and the FFL
> > discussions, she believes these things happened.  In these
> > situations there are never other people around...
>

> I just think that to call these women "victims" is pathetic. They
weren't victims
> of anything. They were adult women who were free to do whatever
they
> wanted. They weren't coerced. And as far as abuse of power is
concerned, it
> seems to me that if these incidents did occur, it was the women
who held the
> power over the guru, not the other way round.

Except for the last point, I wholeheartedly agree.

A few years ago I made this very point when someone who had been
involved with Muktananda and had been abused had visited our site.
After I said what I did, one of the FFL members emailed me on the
side telling me how horrible I was to suggest such a thing.