TorquiseB writes snipped
I honestly think that what you're *hoping* is that the
description of enlightenment can be internally consis-
tent and logical, so that you can "understand" it
using the rational mind. And you hope that despite
the fact that most of the enlightened throughout
history have said just the opposite, that it *can't*
be understood or described by the rational mind.

In my view, this desire to "understand" is a natural
phenomenon, but it's one that is based on the unenlight-
ened self trying to survive, when in fact for enlight-
enment to be realized, that limited intellectual self
has to be discarded or, at the very least, ignored.

Tom T;
This thing called Enlightenment or Awakening is the ultimate paradox.
It can be lived but anything and everything one can say about IT can
also be both true and untrue at the same time as it can not acurately
be put into words. We are all able to point to IT and still not get it
right. Just be willing to live the paradox and see where that takes
you.  TOm T