> I've seen people sit and watch someone levitate and
> admit it verbally as it happens and then get up and
> leave the room and then claim the next day that it never
> happened, and that they had never said such a thing.
> They had simply blotted the whole experience out of
> their minds because their minds didn't want to deal
> with it.

One such story is funny and I'll share it because
the doubter in question was a TMer, a former girl-
friend of mine. She was (and still is, I believe)
a strong True Believer, completely "sold out" to
Maharishi, so full of TMO Kool-Aid that she
sloshed when she walked. :-)

At the same time, she was a sincere seeker who
had pretty good subtle perception (she could see
auras and such phenomena far better than I could).
We were no longer going out (largely because by
that time I was no longer part of the TMO) but I
ran into her in L.A. and she asked what I was up
to and I told her and I invited her to a small
private talk that Rama was giving that week. To
my utter surprise, she agreed to go.

So we're sitting there listening to him talk and
meditating with the dude, and she is doing
her mumbling thang ( she had a tendency to...uh...
vocalize, both during sex and meditation...I hear
that the ladies in the dome had to ask her to
stuff a sock in it more than once :-). Anyway,
she sat there saying quietly, "Holy shit...he's
really floating. Oh. I don't believe it...he
just turned invisible. Oooo...the room is filling
up with golden light..." Stuff like that. Then
at one point she abruptly stood up and left,
right in the middle of one of the meditations.
Afterwards I talked to her briefly about it,
even though she clearly did not want to, and she
claimed that she'd seen and felt absolutely
nothing...no siddhis, no light, nada. Go figure.

We never really talked about it again, but my
feeling is that she was so threatened by the
fact that she was seeing these things and that
they *weren't* being done by *her* teacher
(Maharishi) that she just blotted them out
and refused to ever deal with the experience.
I have heard that in the months that followed
she denied ever having seen Rama, which possibly
ties into this whole denial thang, but also could
just have been fear (at that time and place) of
being thrown out of the TMO for having seen
another teacher.

Anyway, my point is that people who claim that
they want to see the siddhis may have a surprise
or two in store for them when they do. They may
find out a great deal about what they *really*
want.  :-)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM