> A great example of this was when he came here, sometime in the
late 70s
> I think, he apparently made the offhand remark that someone's sari
was
> really nice, or something to that effect.  Next time he came--most
of
> the women were wearing saris, and he couldn't believe it and
wanted to
> know why.
>
> Sal

I heard the same thing. As nice a saris are, when I started seeing a
lot of women associated with the TMO wearing them, I remember
thinking it was mood making, and went against what I had always
heard about TM, that it strengthens cultural identity and integrity.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lik1AB/fOaOAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM