> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "matrixmonitor"
> <matrixmonitor@> wrote:
> >
> > ->
> > > Unlike the MMY/Hagelin/Chopra "Unified Field" hypothesis which
> any
> > > reputable physicist with half a brain would find laughable;
>
> Like Sparaig, I'd be interested to know *why* you find
> it laughable (not being a reputable physicist myself).
>
> > MMY has come up with a very brilliant (one among many, since I'm
> > not - per se - a MMY basher, or Pope basher for that matter)
> > idea/observation regarding the nature of time, which I've been
> > reflecting upon since I first heard MMY talk about it, at
> > Humboldt '70: that "the future casts a shadow into the past" (or
> > were his words, "present"?).
>
> Can you say more about what he meant?
>
> As I was reading what you posted of the New Scientist
> article, I was thinking that time is what creates the
> free will/determinism dilemma in the first place, and
> that one of the experiences of enlightenment is said
> to be the perception that Now is all there is, that
> in Reality, everything is all happening at once.

In order to function rationally in the world, we recognize the past,
and plan for the future, but it is done in the context of a Present
that is clearly real and preeminent. To base even our functional
reality on the past or the future is just not very effective, or
productive. Those are always secondary, almost automatic
considerations.

> Ultimate Reality is "timeless," not in the sense of
> lasting forever but literally not existing in time.

Both are true. Ultimate Reality lasts as long as we can imagine that
it does, and at the same time (no pun intended...)effortlessly
transcends time; doesn't exist in time.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lik1AB/fOaOAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM