In a message dated 7/1/06 1:57:29 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED].. wrote:

> In a message dated 7/1/06 1:43:39 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>

> --- In _FairfieldLife@FairfieldLifFai_ (mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com)
> , MDixon6569@, MDi
> >

> > In a message dated 6/30/06 7:46:50 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> > fflllll@ writes:
> >

> > > Indians in large numbers attending. The difference
> > > in Indian involvement in
> > > AOL and the TMO is like night and day in the United
> > > States.
> >
> > But how many indians were in the US back in the 70s
> > when TM was popular compared to how many are in the US
> > now when AOL is popular? Big, big difference.
> >

> > There is a big difference in how many were here then and now. But how many
>
> > centers have you been in, in which you saw any Indian immigrants donating
> time
> > or getting initiated. It wasn't because they weren't out there, they were.
> > While you may feel uncomfortable about walking into an AOL center or
> lecture
> > of some sort, try it and see what you see. I think you would be surprised.
> > It's mostly Indians.
> >

> MMY geared TM for westerners.
>

> This is the main the reason why it didn't attract very many Indians. They
> thought it was too easy to be true and thought M was just making money.

MMY still has that problem. Witness the Buddhist descriptions where they inform you of
how you don't attempt to control the mind or the focus of attention and then warn you to
be "vigilant" and make sure you don't fall asleep or get lost in thoughts...

Can't be TOO easy or its not working!

Obviously, MMY just doesn't "get" it while the ones that advocate subtle effort and control
do.

When I refer to Indians thinking Maharishi's teaching is too easy to be true, I mean M always said just Meditate twice a day for twenty minutes and go about your normal business. They knew there was a lot more to it than  that. Just look at what is expected of us today and what we were told in 1970.