Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: new.morning economics and morality
on 7/4/06 5:50 PM, shempmcgurk at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> , Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> on 7/4/06 5:04 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > In a message dated 7/4/06 1:57:42 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> >> Yes. He should  have done that instead of spending hundreds of
billions on
> >> his  war.
> > Why didn't Clinton do it when he had a 10 trillion dollar
surplus?

> He should have, but that doesn’t excuse creating an 8 trillion
dollar
> deficit.

I dont' know where you guys get your "10 trillion dollar surplus"
and "8 trillion dollar deficit": the entire U.S. budget this year
was about $2.8 trillion and the deficit was several hundreds of
billions of dollars.

Actually, I was referring to the national debt, which is on track to double during Bush’s terms in office. __._,_.___