> In a message dated 7/5/06 10:23:31 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. To you, I suppose it would sound like spin.  Something
> just made up last month by right-wing spinsters, right? If that  is
> your view, it is totally uniformed. I dealt professionally with  CO2
> sequestration and its pricing 15 years ago. And even then, it was  an
> old, established approach to GCC.
>
> Perhaps read a bit on this  "new" concept, obviously (to you and the
> guys on the grassy knoll)  manufactured just for spin
>

> I knew there had been big improvements in burning coal  cleaner, but
didn't
> realize it had been so much. Unfortunately many other  countries
must not be
> using that technology.

Well the scrubbing of traditional pollutants has improved a lot in the
last 10 years. While new plants can use such, most coal plants were
built prior to this newer technology. And some countries,India and
China for example, may not wish to pay the price premium for this
newer technology, even for new plants.

As far as direct co2 sequestration during coal generation (or
gasification) its only being used in smaller-scale and experimental
facilities ar this point. But apparently is doing the sequestering
(underground) at a "reasonably" low price.

If coal and oil were priced to reflect the correct price signal, total
social and explicit costs, then such currently available scrubbing of
traditional pollutants and sequestering of CO2, would be paid for by
consumers / end-users. And retirement of older more polluting plants
would be accelerated.