--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, johnlasher20002000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> As I'm sure any of the psychologists on the list who have worked with
> EEG biofeedback can attest, and I also have personal experience with,
> a scalp electrode to provide brainwave feedback only measures a tiny
> electrical impulse. Any movement or even blinking the eyes will
> interfere with the accuracy of the reading. How can the TMO results
> showing maximum brainwave coherence (which is a  Fourier Analysis of
> the outputs) while flying be possible. The movement would destroy the
> data output???

Indeed it would. However, if you check the TM Movement's "Flying" EEG COSPAR
illustration, and David Orme-Johnson's commentary on this issue on his website,
you'll
find that the arrow points to the point "at liftoff," that is, just before the
person starts
bouncing up and down. Additionally, David says that the EEG sample given in the
brochures was visually inspected for muscular artifacts and any time-segment
with such
artifacts was deleted  before the sample was used. I assume he meant before
"liftoff" since
it seems obvious that plenty of artifacts were present *after* bouncing started.

I'm chatting with Fred Travis tonight about the computer animation of samadhi
project I'm
hoping to be part of (still, Judy). I'll mention this issue to him and see if I
can get more
clarity.