> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > I deleted this post a few minutes after sending it, seeing that Spraig
> > did respond with a link of cites (a bit of a shotgun) some of wich
> > possibly support the SA articles point.
> >
> > I am wading through the viable article(s) listed in the link that
> > appear to support the SA point.
>
> I went through a few of the links also. Ithink you're correct about
the SA author extrapolating.
> The abstracts of some of Bullock's work are extremely conservative
compared to what the SA
> article suggests. I did run into an interview of Bullock where he
made reference to his on-
> going work concerning EEG coherence and evolution, but that's not
peer-reviewed research,
> just speculation. Perhaps the SA author was referring to the interview.

Thanks. Thats the feeling I got from the article -- that the SA author
was referring to informal sources, not published research -- and even
the giving it a bit of gloss perhaps. Its a nice "theory" -- but it
appears (need more searches to verify) that the theory has not stirred
up a lot of interest and additional research to verify it.

And the article, or perhaps your post, appeared to contain a bitof a
tautology -- advanced brains have more coherence and cohernece defines
what advanced brains are-- not size etc.

> BTW, I referred you to the medline search on eeg coherence only to
show that there was
> plenty of scientific interest on the subject,

Yes, it is a good source. Though for "brain wave coherence" (I
understand "eeg ..." is more comprehensive) I got 83 on medline and
over 600 on google scholar.

> NOT to prove that the TM researcher's emphasis
> on it was correct.

Understood. Though, for me that, and related, are the questions of
interest: how does mainstream science use and measure the term BWC (or
EEG coherence,etc); what is the significance of it, that is, is it a
superior state, or one naturally found, is increasing BWC a good
thing, etc.

You  had indicated that you used the "brainwave coherence" search string
> and found relatively little. medline or google scholar searches on
EEG coherence yields far
> more hits than the using the same search engines with "brainwave
coherence."

Yes, I will use that in the future. I used BWC because thats what I
used in prior searches on google and was interested in comparison.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM