Esentially, it comes down to this. Claims made require testing.
> MMY's claims with regard to "yogic flying" have been found seriously
> wanting and those desiring to believe those claims in the face of no
> supporting evidence are deluding themselves. The TMO is real good
> about advancing delusion.
>
> Jyotish falls into that area as well. And while we're at it, let's
> test yagyas too! I think I know what the results will show.

Good points.  I think MMY has had his day.  The early tests on
meditation were really interesting and probably encouraged a lot of
interest in mind-body studies outside the movement.  But all the silly
stuff that came later has had plenty of time to pass muster and it has
not.  The Yagya and Joitish stuff are usually put in a non-falsifiable
form.  I know some people who have spent thousands on Yagyas.  Guess
who they blame when they don't work?  Themselves! This stuff has torn
the movement apart as people grow older and get sick of the wild
claims and never-ending money schemes. It still is facinating isn't it?