> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> > On Jul 18, 2006, at 2:54 PM, Bhairitu wrote:
> >
> > > I disagree with you though that a lot of people don't know how
> > > to see
> > > trends.  I think that about 20% of our population that ability
> > > and it
> > > doesn't take being a yogi to do so.  Just step back and look at
> > > the bigger picture is all it takes.
> >
> > Yeah, some people have some predictive ability, others do not.
> > Those who really can grok global trends before they happen though
> > will have some purva-punya (good karma) in their nodes. However
> > a yogi will be
> > able to modify his environment using consciousness and action. The
> > man-on-the-street is usually limited to mere waking dimension
> > actions. The secret, hidden idea behind 'support of nature' in
> > TM is
> > really the ancient pagan idea that your ishta-devata will give you
> > various "boons". Most TMers have no clue this same idea has simply
> > been spun with modern lingo and sold.
>
> It's far more than that. Someone who becomes enlightened
> spontaneously enjoys the favor of ALL the devas, regardless
> of any "worship" of them via meditation or whatever.

Just as a question, you 'know' this exactly how?

Could it possibly be what you were *told*, and
have chosen to believe?

I ask because you phrased your statement as if
it were just that, a statement of fact. It struck
me odd for someone who relies so consistently on
science.

I'm just making the point that what you stated
as if it were fact is in fact a Hindu teaching,
and not universal even in Hinduism, much less
across spiritual "borders" in other traditions.

One's assumptions become one's horizons. And in
my opinion the belief that one enjoys 'total
support of nature' or 'the favor of the devas'
and therefore can do no wrong after realization
of enlightenment is a belief that leads to a
great deal of abuse on the part of many people
who claim enlightenment. It's a way of training
their followers to excuse anything they do as
'the workings of nature.'

Plus, as far as I can tell, it's not even true.
In my view, absolutely nothing changes after
realization of enlightenment except that one
has realized the enlightenment that has always
been present.