I can't help help thinking that Jackson's famous Bible quote (actually it's not a direct quote of the Bible but a compilation) from "Pulp Fiction" helped get him the part of God:

JACKSON VOICES GOD

SAMUEL L JACKSON
Also see:
SAMUEL L JACKSON
Movie superstar SAMUEL L JACKSON will voice God in a new audio version of the Bible. The taped recording of the New Testament will feature many famous other black actors and musicians. Jackson was given the lead role because producers felt his deep, authorative voice was perfect for the role of God. A source tells British newspaper The Daily Telegraph, "Samuel's just finished recording a CD set of the New Testament. The recording is due to be released in September (06), with a box set of the Old Testament to follow next year (07). "Scores of other black actors, musicians and athletes will also figure, but Samuel was deemed to be the perfect person to play God."
16/07/2006 23:41

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was definitely thinking that you would dig that quote! Your
> inquisition quotes are very interesting. Funny, sad, scary, and
> fucked up all at once! Good find. I need to look into some of that
> material. It is a fascinating study.
>
> I think it applies very well to the usual movement style of
> discrediting critics. I was accused of "never meditating correctly"
> by some MIU officials when I spoke out against TM years ago. Here I
> think we are dealing with something different, something more
> personal. Sometimes the most vitriolic people are really the most
> fragile. It would be unkind to say more, but I suspect you already
> know everything I could say about this!
>
> Thanks for your post and I'm glad you got a chuckle out of our man
> Jules! Did you see that Samuel Jackson will be the voice of God in an
> audio Bible?
> http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/jackson%20voices%20god_1002655
> I can' t remember if I got this item on this group or somewhere else.
> It sounds like something a couple of stoners would come up with in
> between bong hits doesn't it! "Duuuude, you know what would be totally
> coooool. Make an audio Bible and have Samuel Jackson play the voice
> of God! That could never happen!"
>
> Thanks again for the great quotes.
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB no_reply@ wrote:

> > <curtisdeltablues@> quoted:
> > >
> > > JULES (Pulp Fiction)
> > >
> > > There's a passage I got memorized,
> > > seems appropriate for this
> > > situation: Ezekiel 25:17. "The path
> > > of the righteous man is beset on
> > > all sides by the inequities of the
> > > selfish and the tyranny of evil
> > > men. Blessed is he who, in the
> > > name of charity and good will,
> > > shepherds the weak through the
> > > valley of darkness, for he is truly
> > > his brother's keeper and the finder
> > > of lost children. And I will
> > > strike down upon thee with great
> > > vengeance and furious anger those
> > > who attempt to poison and destroy
> > > my brothers. And you will know my
> > > name is the Lord when I lay my
> > > vengeance upon you."
> > >
> > > Just a thought Judy...you might want to dial back a bit
> > > on your self-regard.
> >
> > LOL. :-)
> >
> > Either that or have an epiphany similar to Jules'
> > and give it all up in favor of walking the earth,
> > like Caine in Kung Fu. :-)
> >
> > Really, the mentality of those who consider them-
> > selves the moral mind police of the world is mind-
> > blowing sometimes. Here's an interesting quote from
> > another of them:
> >
> > "Indeed it is all too difficult to get the heretics
> > to reveal themselves when they hide their errors,
> > instead of frankly confessing them, or when reliable
> > and adequate testimony against them is lacking. In
> > such a case all kinds of problems confront the
> > Inquisitor... Laymen of staunch faith find it a
> > scandalous matter if an inquisitorial trial, once
> > begun, is abandoned for some kind of lack of method.
> [...]