But lest we forget, The Beatles had already proven themselves
extremely good and powerful allies to MMY. Remember how in
September/October 1967 George Harrison & John Lennon tried their
damnedest to defend MMY and his teachings & whilst doing so proved
they had a very full grasp on their subject? (The audio files of
these shows make very instructive listening.)

But whatever stresses John Lennon suffered at the time, (marital
friction, Yoko Ono writing him odd letters, peer pressure to 'turn
on', entourage pressure to get back home, misunderstandings and
disputes about the making of the movie,,,,,  Robert Stigwood
interested in managing The Beatles!.... whatever!! ..), John was
still the undisputed leader of the world's most successful pop group
ever, and if he had wanted to stay with MMY, he most certainly would
have done so!

Having spent several weeks with MMY in India John finally got the
idea to challenge MMY on his own turf - i.e. in the area of
consciousness, and it appears that MMY was found lacking, not as
cosmically conscious as John Lennon had been led to believe.
(I really applaud John for his balls to stand up to MMY).
It is all too obvious that John wanted spiritual gifts such as he had
found discussed in 'Autobiography of a Yogi', but it became all too
apparent that MMY was in no position to grant such boons, so John
quit ..... & later was shot by Chapman who had convinced himself that
his idol did not exemplify higher awareness. Ironic or what?

Oh, enough already, enough of the R G bhajee.....

> In a message dated 7/20/06 12:58:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Your  question was whether John Lennon might have been right, after
> all, when he  suggested that he had been made a fool of.
> It is a good question and on  reflection and seeing how the topic
is
> now about whether or not the  bungalow was grand (by local
standards
> it most certainly was) or whether  there was a helipad (there was a
> landing spot closeby 'Mararshi'  kutir').
> Really Lennon was 'unstressing'Really Lennon
was 'unstressing'<WBR>, as