--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Mason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The trouble with convenience processed foods is they all too often
> have a lot of the nutrients taken out of them, right? Well that's
> what you seem to be saying about convenience meditation, isn't it,
> that the ingredient that one needs for full health is not there? You
> might well be on to something, perhaps you could suggest how one
> might re-introduce the missing vitamins, so to speak?
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "mrsatva" <mrsatva@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > I am still sure that MMY is enlightened (to witch degree so ever)
> and
> > tries his best for his peoples. But as lots of (former) TMers I
> wonder
> > why none of his students/followers got enlightened and the majority
> > stopped practising because they didn't get anything good from it ? I
> > have two ideas about it and would like to hear (read) your opinion
> > about them:
> >
> > 1.  In his attempt to make the teaching digestible for everyone
> he took
> > out the devotional part with maybe accentual for spiritual growth
> >
> > 2.  Because the spiritual teaching has been in the hand and minds
> of
> > monks for centuries it got a form witch simply doesn't work for non
> > (traditional) monks. A bit like the group conciseness MMY wants to
> use
> > to group effects.
> >
> > TM cuts you of from your emotions. Maybe as a result of 2. But the
> > emotions are accentual for spiritual growth (1.) ?!?

I think the element which is missing in many is the intention to
surrender to the highest manifest as well as transcendent. For most
westerners TM is more a self improvement than a devotion. For Indians
the mantras are the energies of their Ishtadevatas or form of God.
This is not true for westerners who have a different conceptual way of
understanding God. This of course does not mean that westerners can't
do TM with the intention to surrender in devotion but many do it out
of ego rather than as a means of letting go of ego.