> > I think the element which is missing in many is the intention to
> > surrender to the highest manifest as well as transcendent.
> For most
> > westerners TM is more a self improvement than a devotion.
> For Indians
> > the mantras are the energies of their Ishtadevatas
> or form of God.
> > This is not true for westerners who have a different
> conceptual way of
> > understanding God. This of course does not mean that
> westerners can't
> > do TM with the intention to surrender in devotion but
> many do it out
> > of ego rather than as a means of letting go of ego.
> > >>>

> Yeah, right. As though surrender has anything to do with intent.

IMHO, surrendering the EGO has everything to do with it.

The EGO is that prideful cloud that separates us from ONENESS-
Advaita( non-duality ).

It's not one ego surrendering to another ego:
like many of us have done unwittingly with MMY
and his egoic world plan;

It is surrendering one's EGO and all of it's
negativities which separates us
from our true nature( God, Self, Love, Atman ).

namasivaya,
anatol