> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>

> > > Compare and contrast the state of consciousness,
> > > compassion, courage, and just plain humanity of
> > > this statement and its "defender of the TM faith"
> > > author to those TMers sitting in a hotel in a war
> > > zone in Israel, putting their beliefs -- and yes,
> > > integrity -- on the line.
> > >
> > > Interesting comparison, eh?
> >
> > Notice Barry does not compare *Curtis's* state
> > of consciousness, compassion, courage, and just
> > plain humanity--not to mention his willingness
> > to put his own beliefs and integrity on the line--
> > to the Israeli TMers.  IOKIFAAT.
> >
> > And of course there's no consideration of the
> > context.  Curtis questioned the value of the
> > "experience of transcending," suggesting that
> > it's been vastly overrated, when, as a former
> > TM teacher, he ought to know--as Lawson pointed
> > out--that no experience during TM is of any
> > greater value than any other, including random
> > thoughts.
> >
> > That *does* suggest that Curtis was not
> > meditating properly, if he thought there was
> > supposed to be great value in the experience
> > of transcending.
> >
> > This error, uncorrected, might well have
> > served to discourage folks who would otherwise
> > have been in a position at some point to
> > demonstrate their courage and humanity by
> > joining a group practicing the TM-Sidhis in a
> > war zone.
>
> Have you ever considered taking the Which Harry
> Potter Character Are You? quiz at:
>
> http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=hpcharacter
>
> I'm bettin' on Hermione.
>
> You're trying to berate someone and make them
> publicly confess the error of their ways because
> they didn't speak the exact words that were in
> the textbook.

Uh, no, you appear to be missing the point (or doing
your damndest to lead others to miss it).

Not using the "exact words that were in the textbook,"
in this case, may well represent a significant conceptual
difference that would negatively affect one's TM practice.

I suggested to Curtis earlier that he may have meant to
write "process of transcending" versus "experience of
transcending," but he ignored the suggestion.  Then he
claimed the distinction wasn't relevant, which seems to
indicate pretty clearly that he *doesn't* understand
that valuing the *experience* of transcending in TM is
contrary to correct practice.

Words *do* make a difference, especially in the context
of TM practice.

Of course, it may well be that he *does* recognize the
difference but simply can't bring himself to admit that
he inadvertently used a word that represents an
incorrect approach.  Why that would be such a problem
for him is unclear, but it certainly does not speak
well for his integrity.