> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@>
> wrote:
> >

> > --- shempmcgurk <shempmcgurk@> wrote:
> >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB
> > > <no_reply@>
> > > wrote:
> > snip

> > > As I read your post, two personalities came to mind:
> > >
> > > 1) Muktananda.  Replaced by his "dual" chosen
> > > successors -- a
> > > brother and sister -- there was almost immediately a
> > > huge fight
> > > between the two of them, with the sister winning
> > > out.  That, along
> > > with the fact that neither of them possessed the
> > > charisma of
> > > Muktananda, meant that their organisation is today
> > > but a glimmer of
> > > what it was during Muktananda's hayday.  Of course
> > > there's also
> > > the "sexual revelation" factor as well: that is, the
> > > revelations
> > > about sex that came up in a big way after his death
> > > also contributed
> > > to the loss of popularity of their movement.
> > >
> > > So this is an interesting model for what may befall
> > > the TMO after
> > > MMY dies: we on this forum know that sexual
> > > revelations will be
> > > coming out,just as they did with Muktananda.  The
> > > difference is that
> > > Muktananda allegedly had relations with young girls
> > > and MMY's
> > > alleged dalliances were with fully formed females
> > > (i.e. 18 years
> > > plus).
> > >
> > > But the other similar factor is the "charisma
> > > factor".  As you point
> > > out, who on the horizon has the same degree of
> > > charisma?
> >
> > As I've mentioned before, I think TM people will
> > "join" SSRS in droves after MMY drops the body.
>

> I think you've got something there.
>
> Sadly, the current TMO and the people involved in it are, by
> necessity, guru-followers (if they weren't they would have, by
> necessity of logic and rationality, left long ago).  Without the
> guru figure in MMY, they will seek another out and I don't think a
> Nader Raam with a crown on his head and his weight in gold or a
> Bevan or a John makes it in that category for thoe type of folks.

I'm not ready to write King Tony off.  MMY clearly
appointed him to be his successor, and for a while,
at least, he probably gets a honeymoon with the guru-
followers because they're going to view Nader as they
were told to do by MMY, as the new leader of the TMO.

Whether that will *last* depends on whether Nader
has been hiding his light under a bushel, waiting
for MMY to be gone.  From what little I've seen of
him, I wouldn't be surprised if he turns up the
wattage after MMY dies and proves to be plenty
charismatic in his own right.

On the other hand, I won't be surprised if he doesn't,
either.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/zAINmC/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/UlWolB/TM