On Jul 27, 2006, at 5:39 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

I think I am running in different circles, so I haven't heard from or

seen anyone here.  I remember when Pat Ryan showed up at a big DC

course around '88.  I alway thought that was pretty ballsy!  I did

play some music for an old MIU friend's party this month, with all

sidhas and governors but me and my girl and maybe one other non TM

person.  Seemed like people let bygones be bygones and just enjoyed

the music which I really appreciated.  It was the first time I had

hung out at a sidha dominant gathering in 17 years.  There were very

few hardcore people, mostly family types, probably like the Fairfield

mix you know.  They even served wine and had a real hotdog option

along with the juice and tofu so everyone had a good time.  My GF, who

had never met any TM people to her knowledge, thought the women were

especially open and friendly and the men were very shy. I thought that

was a funny observation.  "All these middle aged, thin, shy men" was

her comment.   She has never hung out with any self-development type

crowd.  There were mostly people who knew me from my Center stint and

only a few old MIU classmates.  It was really nice to reconnect.

Since I was not exactly in a position to report anyone, I got many an

earful of how people had included other teachings into their lives but

had to hide it from the hardcore types.  I think it was mostly from

posting here that I was encouraged to go.  I'm glad I did, it filled

in some gaps.

What a wonderful story, thanks for sharing it! It speaks volumes to your integrity that you have not cordoned off parts of your past but bring them so nicely into the present. Very open minded and whole.

Have a great weekend in the Pocs!