> On Aug 2, 2006, at 12:46 PM, new.morning wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:

> >> None was necessary, although there's research out there for
> >> those who need that crutch.
> >
> > Feeling a bit superior this morning? (Therapy may help
> > dismissiveness actions based on superiority complexes. There IS
> > research on that.)
>
> Not at all, I just find the robotic repetition of "research" as a
> thought-stopper silly and more an artifact of marketing,
> conditioning in this particular case) and obsession. Interesting
> you didn't see the superior tone in Spairag's orignal question. As
> if somehow research was important to meditators.

Translation: "I'm feeling kinda inferior because I
don't have any research to back up my claim--since
I usually make a big deal of it if I *do* have it--
so my only option is to turn around and pretend that
presenting research results is a 'thought-stopper'
and not in the least important to meditators.  (Gee,
I hope nobody remembers I said this the next time I
trot out research to back up something I say.)"

> Prejudiced? There's LOT'S of research on that.
> >
> >> The direct experience is the important thing.

"Which is safe, since nobody can ask me to *prove*
direct experience..."

> > Assuming all the neuural pathways that Spariag touches on in prior
> > posts, and the 100 billion synapes in the brain, are all
> > functioning 'well", and that the 'experiencer" has had rigorous
> > training to overcome the many potential cognitive and logical
> > errors, pyschoanalytical complexes (can yuo say "Oedipal"?) that
> > the human mind is prone to make (particularly in
> > interpreting "spiritual experiences". As Dana will tell you
> > extensively and in detail -- with research (not his, but cites).
>
> Not of course what I meant.

"I have no idea what new_morning is talking about
here, so I'll just pretend whatever he was saying
wasn't what I meant."