On Aug 4, 2006, at 8:56 PM, randymeltzer wrote:

What is the official position of the art of living organization

regarding whether Maharishi approves of what SSRS is doing?  I tried

to ask him directly once and he skirted the question.

I'm sure you've all heard the quote that MMY said of SSRS "candy

coated poison"

I propose that the oft quoted words of M. where he says (gross paraphrase) that those who know how to teach TM should go ahead and do it as long they do it correctly, is actually meant to refer to SSRS, not "independent" non-recertified TM teachers (as is often presupposed).

Indeed, after this event, SSRS held a Woodstock of pranayama and meditation instruction in India where he initiated more people into inner space than any known human in historical times: millions of humans. All at once.

I think M. quietly sanctioned the whole event.