--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <groups@> wrote:

> > > Mark David Chapman described his experience of shooting John Lennon
> > > as one where he was watching what he was doing as a separate entity
> > > from himself.
> > >
> > Sir Edmond Hillary spoke in similar terms about how he felt during
> his final
> > ascent of Everest, severely sleep and oxygen deprived.
> >

> A friend of mine -- a former TM teacher -- said that he read somewhere
> that witnessing is how Osama Bin Laden experienceed an assassination
> attempt...it was a religious experience to him and it changed his life.

Dysfunctional people see the oddest things as signs of religious experience...

http://google.scholar.com keywords "dissociation EEG"

http://tinyurl.com/g9upd

Abstract:
In this study, we explored whether individual differences in dissociation are
related to
certain resting electroencephalographic (EEG) parameters. Baseline EEG with
eyes open and
closed was recorded in an undergraduate sample (N = 67). Cortical power in the
[alpha]
range was inversely related to dissociative symptoms as measured by the
Dissociative
Experiences Scale, while both [delta] and [theta] power where positively
related to
dissociation. However, sleep experiences, as indexed with the Iowa Sleep
Experiences
Survey, were unrelated to resting EEG characteristics. We propose that
suppression in the
[alpha] band and raised levels of [theta] activity, which are typical for high
dissociators,
might help to explain why dissociative symptoms are accompanied by attentional
and
memory deficits.