Marek, Shemp, Rick, Robert ... I hope you are right, that Guru Dev's
demise was a natural one. Still, why would such a rumour start if
this was, indeed, the case. It is very much like the death of Diana,
Princess of Wales, or JFK. There are some loose ends, or the
appearance of loose ends and, as I suspect most everyone knows, it is
very difficult not to pick at a loose end.

Perhaps, when Mahesh expires, many stories will emerge from the
woodwork that will be astonishing and difficult to rationalize away.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Fine post.  Thanks.
> **

> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <groups@> wrote:

> > > As did I for decades. In fact, I still write the murder thing
off as
> > total
> > > nonsense. I only have ³evidence² (the testimony of two of the
women
> > and the
> > > accounts of numerous secretaries) for the sex thing.
> > >

> > Here's what I think happened with the murder thing...and I'll
explain
> > it with an anecdote from my own family.
> >
> > When my father had his stroke and then about 10 days later died,
> > related the whole episode to a friend of mine.  When my Dad got
sick
> > it co-incidentally co-incided with a visit to him from out of the
blue
> > by my brother.  Now, my Dad loved my brother as he did all his
> > children but my brother is a bit of a disheveled hippy type who
has a
> > corresponding "anti-establishment" attitude, shall we say.
Suffice it
> > to say that his presence often made my Dad feel slightly off-
kilter
> > and perhaps his blood pressure would be up a bit when my brother
was
> > around him.  And my friend was familiar with this family dynamic
very
> > well.
> >
> > So as I told my friend that my brother's visit co-incided with my
> > father getting his stroke, my friend's immediate comment
was: "Oh,
> > your brother killed your father!"  And, of course, he didn't mean
it
> > exactly...he meant it as a joke...but in that joke was the
slightest
> > kernal of truth.
> >
> > Perhaps my brother's presence set off my Dad's stroke -- one that
he
> > was going to have anyway -- by a day or two.  Who knows?  But my
> > friend and I had a big laugh over the whole thing because as
> > rediculous as it sounded, there was 1% of 1% of 1% of a kernal of
> > truth in it.
> >
> > Same with the Guru Dev story.  As it has been related here,
apparently
> > when Guru Dev got sick, there were two schools of thought as to
how to
> > treat him: keep him where he was or move him.  MMY was of the
school
> > of thought to move him, this plan of action won over, and then
Guru
> > Dev died.
> >
> > I can only assume that there were dozens of devotees who loved
and
> > cared for Guru Dev and that they all, including MMY, had his best
> > interests at heart. And the decision how to treat him must have
been
> > taken very gravely and seriously by all concerned.  So when the
> > decision of YOUR camp doesn't prevail then I can imagine that in
such
> > an emotionally-charged atmosphere, anger and frustration is
> > experienced by those whose way was not chosen.
> >
> > And then to throw into the mix the fact that Guru Dev died, well,
of
> > course, all sorts of accusations get thrown about:  so, in a
sense --
> > just like with my brother -- MMY was responsible for Guru Dev's
death
> > because, after all, it was his decision to move him and there
must be
> > a correlation between moving him and him dying.  It is human
nature to
> > try and get a logical explanation why horrible things
happen...and the