--- Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Another way of putting it would be that he does have
> a handle on Absolute
> Truth, but that that doesn¹t qualify him as an
> authority on all matters of
> relative truth.

     And this is when the "cult-like" quality enters
in the TMO. People handover their authority over their
own experience to another (MMY/TMO) under the
erroneous assumption that there is a "perfect" or
objectively "correct" way to live their life. This is
an infantile wish of the "perfect parent" being
projected and acted out. The TMO, at least in my
experience in the USA, strongly encourages this, but
ironically MMY doesn't engage in this on a one-to-one
level. When people ask MMY what they should do in a
particular situation many times he'll ask what they
think they should do and then he'll say," Do that."
This lack of authority over ones own life is a deep,
deep attachment that so many hardcore Ru's have. I see
MMY as doing his best to break it with all the crazy
nonesese over the last 20 years.