Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: 'Yucky Oil Strikes Again'
on 8/16/06 9:51 AM, jim_flanegin at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

What will work in terms of bringing the price down with solar is
massive government investment for mass production. This is the way
the oil-fed economy is kept going. Massive tax breaks and incentives
for oil companies. Remember the story widely reported a few years
ago that Exxon paid *zero* federal income taxes on billions worth of
revenues? If the same thing were done for solar, we'd eliminate our
dependence on foreign oil in I'm guessing 10-15 years-

I’ve also heard that there are new technologies, one in particular developed in S. Africa, that are way more efficient. There are also some cool new small wind turbines for home use. Imagine the impact if these were installed in virtually every building in America.