> on 8/18/06 4:14 AM, hugheshugo at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > I personally think Kaplan shoots himself in the foot with his
talk of
> > enlightened children (how does he know?)and psychics (surely the
> > biggest frauds out there!) If he's that credulous perhaps it's no
> > wonder he handed over so much of his hard-earned without asking
where
> > it was going.
> >
> Earl told me that letter was leaked prematurely. He would have
cleaned it up
> a lot before releasing it intentionally.

I wonder how that happens.

If a writer is working on a text and he is going through drafts, it
usually doesn't go past his own computer.

That is, unless he was having a friend or colleague or employee take
a look at it for opinions and feedback.  Unless Kaplan was
circulating the letter widely for feedback (and then it leaves it to
an Act of God whether it goes public at that point), then it would
have stayed within a controlled, close circle.

And if it was leaked prematurely and it was me who it happened to,
then the shit would fly.  I would find out who did it and either
fire their ass or find a new friend.