In a message dated 8/19/06 5:36:30 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Yes, they do. When you ask explicitly about WARRANTLESS
wiretapping, a majority oppose it.

From my earlier post:

Associated Press, 1/3-5/2006

Should the Bush Administration be required to get a warrant from a
judge before monitoring phone and Internet communications between
American citizens in the United States and suspected terrorists, or
should the government be allowed to monitor such communications
without a warrant?

Required to get warrant, 56%
Monitor without a warrant, 42%
Unsure, 2%

http://www.ap-ipsosresults.com/

> Tapping citizens on domestic calls without a
> warrant is an entirely different situation.

I was pretty sure you'd try to bluff your way
through this one once you'd been called on it.
Very disappointing.

As I mentioned earlier the date of your poll  was in January or 2006. The date of my poll is May 11 2006. Evidently people have changed their minds and support the program in place once they heard the debate.