> >> <mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com>

> Fred was very condescending and dismissive of an Awake friend of mine whose
> brain waves didn¹t happen to match Fred¹s expectations.

Heh. So personal *experience* trumps physical measure?

Perhaps. OTOH, perhaps your friend, no matter how "Awake" he/she seems to YOU,
isn't
awake in the way that MMY talks about.

People can have a form of witnessing due to servere emotional trauma as kids.
They show
a certain imbalance in activity in the brain between the two hemispheres--one
hemisphere
is dominant while the other is dysfunctional. People who practice some forms of
meditation show a different hemispheric imbalance--one hemisphere is dominant
while
the other functions normally. Some of THEM report witnessing also. Is this
witnessing the
same as TM-based witnessing, or is it something different, masquerading as
enlightenment?

Or is it the non-expectation TM that is inducing something that masquerades as
enlightenment, while the people who show hemispheric imbalance like the
traumatized
kids, and the practitioners of other meditation techniques, who are the real
enlightened
ones?

BTW, if your friend is truely "Awake," how did you hear about Fred's response,
or were you
in the room when the EEG was evaluated?

Did your enlightened friend complain to you about Fred's condenscending
response,
perhaps?