> Is this essential?

Actually, to authentically claim a TMO MMY style of enlightenment, yes
, I think you need MMY's confirmation. Since as we both witnessed
(hehe) so many claimants -- so many non-confirmations by MMY over the
years.

This does not mean MMY is necessarily an authority on enlightenment,
or all styles of awakening. It simply acknowledges that he IS the
authority on what he classifies as TMO style enlightenment. And he is
very specific and "picky".

>As a friend of mine put it, ³you¹re the only one at your
> graduation.

If you are still there to graduate, its a phony graduation.

² When your experience is mature and genuine, you don¹t need
> anyone¹s confirmation.

For "your own" defined enlightenment, or some other teachers, sure.
However, for  MMY's enlightenemt, you need his confirmation.

Thus the question, why are all FF SSers so shy, so lacking in cosmic
testosterone, that they are so afraid of ridicule (and who exactly
gets ridiculed after liberation?) that they are afraid of discussing
their experiences and interpretations of them with MMY? Someting
smells fishy amd its not JonBennet.

 I observe that people in higher states use MMY¹s
> terminology when it most effectively expresses what they are trying
to say,
> and are equally comfortable quoting Nisargadatta, Ramana Maharishi,
Eckhart
> Tolle, Donald Duck, or making up something new if that more effectively
> suits their purpose.

Thats fine, if they are not proclaiming or implyinmg MMY style
enlightenment without his confirmation.