> wrote:
> > When you've convinced yourself that you are involved with an
> > organisation that has a powerful knowledge that is the solution
> > all of the planet's problems, it makes perfect sense that
> > governments and their spy organisations would want to eavesdrop
on
> > you.
> >
> Better to rid oneself of such fanciful bullsh*t, tear it all down,
> start over on a foundation of our own, and then rediscover whether
or
> not the TMO is an orgaization with powerful knowledge that is the
> solution to the planet's problems.
>
> To keep fighting or feeding the parrot leads nowhere.

I was and am still convinced that the TM Technique is the best thing
since sliced bread and does, indeed, offer the planet the best
solution to its problems.

Since I started meditating in '73, I was never 100% convinced that
the TMO embodied that vehicle that could carry out the mission, so
to speak.  In the beginning I naievely assumed that since it was MMY
who brought this knowledge out that, hey, he would have created and
was running an organisation that reflected the greatness of TM.
Over the years that assumption has gone from about 98% full
assumption to zero today.

I wish I could have plotted-out over the past 33 years how that
percentage changed in my mind...maybe something like this (the years
are general and not exactly accurate):

1973 98%

1977 80% (flying came out then)

1982 60% (sucking up to dictators; playing around with the
scientific studies)

1991 20% (Natural Law Party comes out)

1998  5% (I hear for the first time on a tape from MMY's own lips
the accusation that I had been hearing for the past ten years as
rumour: that the CIA has infiltrated the TMO)

2004 0% (I start participating in FFL)